Thursday, May 21, 2009

And our favorite guest blogger is...

Well hello kind readers. This is Heather, Kat’s travel companion for her Ireland trip and sister to her 365 days a year. Kat is rather tired this evening (I wanted to stay at the bar later than her and that NEVER happens) as we had a big adventure today. I’m sure Kat will tell you all about it with beautiful pics and such but I wanted to say hi and give you a few key bits of information. First off, this driving on the left hand side of the road is pretty interesting. It keeps me focused. But best of all are all the passing lanes and the general ability to pass on just about any road, even with heavy traffic and hills and such. Special note to Mom: you would not enjoy this as a driver or passenger. Now, second I have to get special thanks to Kat for being such a good navigator/travel companion. She does a great job keeping me calm & fed on the road and pointing out all the beautiful sites. Now I know she is only trying to think of a way to keep me sleeping in later than 6 am…I agree it would be quite helpful!

Our journey today took us to an amazing place on this great earth. We took a boat tour out to Michael Skelling and Little Skelling. MS used to be a monastic settlement. All I will say is we adventured up 600 vertical feel on this rocky, majestic wonder and it was breathtaking. Further, as Mom v. 2.0, I was pretty cool and allowed Kat to explore some of the even more adventurous spots on the island. Mom v. 1.0 would not have approved of any of the days adventures or the 2 hour boat ride it involved.

Now before I turn things over to Kat I have a little quiz (no prize, sorry) but please post with what you think is in an Irish Car Bomb beverage? Our sister Carolyn and I were just discussing via google chat and we both were incorrect. And no cheating with wiki!!

No comments:

Post a Comment