OK, so this isn't technically traveling (for me), but we DID take the metro to get there, and Washington DC is one of the 50 biggest cities in the country...
Shamrock Fest is an annual festival (duh) in which tons of bands perform, street vendors come out, and (this year, at least) the rain is as copiously present as the beer. Which was free, thanks to my buddy Dale, and Sara's buddies Lauren and Jen (who all rock).
Wanna see the t-shirts Allison, Sara and I made? (unfortunately, due to the rain and our general lack of desire to ruin electronics... there are no pictures of the actual festival. I know, tragic!!)
Before you take a gander at these shirts, you should probably make sure you've seen this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8
And now that you've done that, gotten back into your chair and calmed your laughter, here are our shirts:


I am still laughing, 3 days later, at the amateur sketch. Mine looks awfully amateur, but I think that makes it more hilarious. Allison's has a droopy eye, and Sara's, of course, looks the best, because she is, in fact, an art major. The awesome power of our Virginia Tech educations is portrayed in these t-shirts.
We were the most popular girls at the festival, and we had people all day saying "YEAHHHH!!!" behind us and admiring our creativity.
Carbon Leaf, Stephen Kellogg, and Train were the main events for us this weekend. I am now further in love with Train, newly in love with Stephen Kellogg, and have re-evaluated my relationship with Carbon Leaf and have decided that they are fabulous as well. So to solidify my commitment to them, we're going to their Charlottesville concert next weekend, as well!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE Shamrock Fest! Did you go??
looks like fun! you might be in charge of bachelorette t-shirts!! :)
ReplyDeleteHold the phone...Train was there?? I didn't know that! I love them. hmph.
ReplyDeletehaha, yes!! I'm sorry that you missed out on the t-shirts AND train. But the shirt you can borrow...for all of your st. patty's debauchery
ReplyDelete