Well, I know that I stole that from some of my other villa-dwellers, but it seemed fitting. I have been in Riva for a couple of days now, and am enjoying it a lot. We started classes yesterday, which completely messed with our fun-having, but we still are having a great time, and incredible weather! It has been sunny and waaaarm for days! We even got to go to the lake on Sunday afternoon, which was awesome. This is a beautiful house on the shore of the Lido.
Isn't it gorgeous? It's right on the foothills of the swiss alps (kinda like the Villa Maderni!)
On Monday, we went on a little tour with my photojournalism class, and went again to the lido. This is what it looks like, on a larger scale:
On Monday, we went on a little tour with my photojournalism class, and went again to the lido. This is what it looks like, on a larger scale:
This place is just gorgeous. We haven't really done a ton of sight-seeing, because it's all in our backyard, and it's all I know how to say: gorgeous.
Now, living in a small town in Switzerland does have its drawbacks! There are church bell towers (2 of them!) in this small town, and they think it's cool to go off every. fifteen. minutes. for eight. minutes. Highly unnecessary.
I know that the Swiss are obsessed with time, but come on now. This starts around 6 am.
On the plus side, we've got swans! They are feisty though, and don't take kindly to people taking pictures of them. So I had to be sneaky. The poor little baby on the right has a broken leg :-(
Well, those are the pictures I've taken so far, but I promise to have more of the interior of the villa!
More text, less pictures:
I am enjoying my classes, even though they are cutting into my Gelato-eating time (YUM!). This weekend, I am going to Interlaken with a few classmates, and who knows what kind of safe hijinks we'll get into? Another group, who I am pretty friendly with, is going to Venice, but I am going to Venice with Ian and don't want to ruin the experience, so Interlaken it is!
I am having a BLAST and meeting really cool people. Sorry that this post is pretty short, but we are pretty much in Riva, in class, etc., at the moment. There will be a much better update on Sunday night or Monday!
Kat,
ReplyDeleteYes, it looks just like I remembered it. You know I have been anxiously awaiting these pics and to hear about everything.
Hahahha about the church bells. Do you remember when we were in some little town in Ireland and we heard the church bells? I completely thought about Riva (well every time I hear church bells I think of Riva and the bells at Burruss) and I was going to mention it but thought I would let you experience the surprise. I knew it would stand out for you...though I was hoping in a good way.
Enjoy the gelatto!
Love you
Heather
Hi Katherine!
ReplyDeleteSo does this mean you DON'T need an alarm clock to wake you for classes? I wish I would have thought of the idea to us recorded Eurpoean Bells to wake your sisters and you throughout ya'lls high school years! I remember the bells when my family lived over there and I always thought they helped a town start and end the day somewhat together. Enjoy them 'cause I don't think you'll find nearly as many in America! You know...with the "noise codes" and all that!
Love
Dad & Mom
XOXO